Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Got Our Dental Hygiene Tool Set( Instrument Box) finally!

 I always try or promise myself to update here on my progress in Hygiene school at least every week. But does that happen? Your guess is as good as mine but hey since everyone has an excuse I got mine. My plan is to write every weekend but mostly after my job I'm so tired and always getting ready for Monday exams and before I know it the week is on.
Things are getting a bit hectic as we are now almost having a quiz or exam everyday and assignments that always due the next day. Good thing, we got warned as how hectic it can get but the interesting part is that we are not even started. That is just in 2 units. Dental head and neck anatomy and Dental morphology. We have done so much on teeth identification from deciding which is from right side and which is from left side. Not an easy feat as mostly the anterior lateral incisors looks almost the same. So much fun identifying them.

     The most interesting part was receiving the  dental kits in a box yesterday. We also got our uniform and loupes as well as our typodonts ( Model mouth with teeth). We have the calculus on the teeth on the typodonts which I presume we are going to be scaling in future. There are so many tools in the box that it's hard to believe we are going to using all of them. There's a feeling of joy on carrying that box and knowing soon  we will be masters of all the tools in there. I'm so excited for this new great turn and I plan to open the box on Sunday and try to 'play' with some of the instruments in there. I will be making a blog to explain what each tool is about  and what we use it for as we learn.
PS: for the first time since we got to hygiene school we went to the clinic today. Bliss. We just got to sit in the seat and examine each others TMJ joint for evaluation of any Tempo-mandibular Joint disorder. Of course my former friend turned friend - Marc made a big issue while examining me and claiming I have all kind of disorders :) . All in all we had a great day and since next semester we will have a pre clinic course we will be getting ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment