Tuesday, August 21, 2018

SO, WHAT NEXT AFTER HYGIENE SCHOOL??!!

       Hello, there good folks! I hope everyone has been okay. I know I should have been writing more since I have had a breather from the hell that is hygiene school( It's actually not that bad!).

Image result for what next meme


       On the morning of July 26, 2018, I woke up in the Belfast United Kingdom(Northern Ireland) to the great news that I had passed my National Boards for the Dental Hygiene. What a way to boost my vacation mood!

        Soon as I got back to the States I knew I had to hit the ground running as far as licenses application goes. I am getting a license for DMV area, that is DC, Maryland, and Virginia. The application process turned out to be quite a task and also quite expensive.

       Virginia was by far the easiest as everything is online and you can pay with your credit card. You can also monitor the progress of your paperwork on their site using your account as they have a checklist.

         For DC and Maryland, the application is expensive, you have to have the money, no credit cards as you have to use a money order, you have to download law exams print them and do them. Take them to the notary and then send them in with the application. The cost for Maryland for the law exam was $50 and the rest of the application was $275. If you send your documents and one is missing, you will have to pay an extra $50 everytime they contact you about it! You also have to go get your passport photo taken and have it certified that that is your true picture.

       The originally sealed transcript from school is the most challenging part as the school only gives one original copy. If you want another one you will have to pay an extra $20 for each copy.

        Anyhow, this process has been completed and now the next thing is to wait...and wait. The reason for getting the 3 licenses is because I will be living right on the border of the 3 states and I would like to get the experience of both places and also because I will be tempting I will not be limited to one small area. I have sent out a couple of applications and got a number of calls back. Also, there are a few places that want to interview me after my license come in.

       This past Sunday I had a chance to do my first ever podcast interview with Dr. Darwin Speaks. I was super excited as I am a big fan of Dr. Darwin Channels online and his pages. He's big on motivating doctors, students and pretty much anyone in the dental field is a dentist himself understands the ins and outs of the whole struggle in dentistry. You can check it out  HERE. That was quite high for me!
For now, I'm expecting my license in the mail anytime and start temping or doing some interviews. I'm super excited about this phase of my life an keep it here to know when I get my license and start working.



1 comment:

  1. I hope that you enjoyed your time in hygiene school. It was wonderful reading all the information that you shared. Have a wonderful rest of your day.
    Dentist Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete